Brighter Outlook Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, LLC
"With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts." Eleanor Roosevelt
Evidence-Based and Personalized Care
Brighter Outlook CBT is an evidence-based treatment clinic dedicated to providing high quality, specialized care for children, teens, and adults. We offer research supported, results oriented treatment in the context of a warm and supportive therapeutic relationship. We often collaborate with other treating professionals, offering training and support where needed in order to make a system-wide impact.
WHAT IS CBT?
CBT is an evidence-based approach that guides the client to make life and behavior changes through active exploration of the connection between thoughts, feeling and behaviors. It is present focused and goal oriented, offering practical strategies and problem solving to address specific life situations and build resilience. We often integrate CBT with other evidence-based treatments, including mindfulness, exposure and response prevention, acceptance and commitment therapy, family systems, and interpersonal problem solving.
COVID-19 Related Support
Support is flexible and tailored to your needs.
HELPING YOUTH COPE WITH ONLINE LEARNING, LIFESTYLE CHANGE AND SOCIAL LOSS
- Coping with the loss of social events such as graduation or prom
- Managing the stress and logistics of online learning
- Creating social networks online
- Coping with a return to family as they were starting to seek independence
- Adjusting to summer months without camps, internships or other activities
- Facing the uncertainties around what school or college will look like in the fall
MANAGING YOUR ANXIETY AND STRESS DURING CORONAVIRUS
- Supportive guidance for managing the "new normal"
- Coping with emotional, financial and personal losses
- Practical strategies for dealing with frustration, anger, depression or anxiety
- Interpersonal problem solving for addressing family conflict
PARENTING DURING QUARANTINE
- Managing your stress and staying sane in the process
- Guidance for nurturing your children during distance learning and social distancing
- Support for finding balance, adjusting expectations and dealing with uncertainty
- Strategies for managing competing demands at home